Mickey Mouse Pancakes
- 3/4 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Olive oil spray
- 4 cups sliced banana, halved strawberries and blueberries
- Honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
1. Blend flour, cacao, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, egg, banana and buttermilk in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes, then transfer pancake batter to a squeezable bottle (this makes shaping easier).
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil.
3. Working quickly, squeeze one large circle of batter into pan, then squeeze two small circles for ears so they are touching the large circle and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip over and cook for a further 1 minute. Transfer to plates and repeat with remaining batter.
4. Drizzle pancakes with honey or maple syrup, top with fresh fruit, and serve with yoghurt.
Per serve: 8g protein, 7g fat (2g sat fat), 32g carb, 17g sugars, 5g dietary fibre, 290mg sodium, 1000kJ (240 cals)