Dijon Pork Chops with Green Beans
- 400g baby potatoes, halved
- 200g green beans
- 4 pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20g butter
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. In a large saucepan, boil baby potatoes until tender. In a separate saucepan, steam green beans until tender.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, melt butter over a moderate heat. Cook chops for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
3. In a small jug, combine mustard and water. Pour over chops and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Transfer pork to a heatproof plate, cover and keep warm.
4. Continue to cook mustard sauce, uncovered, stirring occasionally over a low heat for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add cream and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
5. Divide chops among serving plates and pour sauce over. Serve with baby potatoes and greens beans. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Fresh Tip: You could swap Dijon mustard for wholegrain mustard or basil pesto, if preferred.
• Energy 1021Kj • Protein 25g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 736mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.