Lemon Honey Chicken with Spinach and Avocado Salad
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced horizontally through the breast
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 25 g butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- lemon slices, to serve
1. Place chicken in a bowl with lemon rind, salt and pepper. Turn to coat both sides.
2. Cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
3. In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat half of the butter and 2 tablespoons of the oil over a high heat. Cook chicken in batches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
4. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lemon juice and remaining oil, then season to taste.
5. To make the salad, combine spinach leaves, avocado and spring onion.
6. Serve chicken topped with lemon slices and drizzled with honey dressing. Serve with salad and quinoa on the side.
Tip: Freeze leftover lemon juice in ice cube trays. These tasty ice cubes are perfect for drinks and baking.
Energy 2952Kj • Protein 50g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 44g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 668mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.