Fish Tacos with Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- 450 g white fish fillets
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag Countdown herbed slaw
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 small or 4 large tacos
- lime wedges, to serve
- Salsa ingredients:
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lime mayo ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime for zest
1. Cut the fish fillets into even sizes. Dust with paprika and season.
2. In a large bowl, combine the slaw and packet sauce.
3. To make the salsa, in a small bowl combine the strawberries, avocado, coriander and lime juice. Set aside.
4. For the lime mayo, in a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream and lime zest until smooth. Set aside.
5. To cook the fish, in a medium frying pan, heat the butter on a medium heat. Cook the fillets for 3 or 4 minutes each side depending on the thickness.
6. To serve, warm the tacos in the microwave for 1 minute. Top each with some slaw, fish, mayo and salsa. Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over.
Tip: Only wash strawberries if you are going to use them straightaway. Excess moisture creates mould.
Energy 2464Kj • Protein 28g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 38g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 1172mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.