Mexican Beef Salad Bowls
- 4 jumbo-size flour tortillas
- Spray oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 2 Tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 400g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 400g can four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Spray tortillas with oil and press into 4 small ovenproof bowls, folding to fit (microwave tortillas for 20 seconds if you need to soften first). Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden. Leave to cool in bowls before transferring to a plate.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat olive oil on high. Brown the mince for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks. Add chilli sauce and Cajun spice. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Season to taste and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine corn and beans.
4. Fill tortilla bowls with mince and lettuce. Top with combined corn and beans, tomato, avocado and red onion. Serve with sour cream on the side.
• Energy 3002j • Protein 39g • Total Fat 34g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 54g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 1158mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation