Lamb and Haloumi Burger
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano leaves
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g haloumi cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 200g hummus
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, oregano, egg, spring onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Shape lamb mixture into 4 even-sized, flattened patties. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the oil on medium. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel; cover to keep warm.
3. In a separate large non-stick frying pan, fry haloumi slices for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden.
4. To serve, top each bun base with hummus, rocket, tomato, haloumi and patty.
• Energy 3253Kj • Protein 52g • Total Fat 42g • Saturated Fat 17g • Carbohydrates 45g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 1778mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition foundation.