Lamb Skewers with Avocado and Strawberry Salad
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 750g lamb leg steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
- Spray oil
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500g baby potatoes, boiled until tender
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes, to prevent burning when cooking.
2. In a shallow dish, combine honey, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, garlic and dried mint. Season to taste. Add lamb
and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Thread lamb onto skewers and spray with oil.
4. Heat a barbecue plate or char-grill pan on high. Cook skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning on all sides, until cooked through.
5. To make the salad, combine salad leaves, strawberries and avocado. To make the salad dressing, whisk together olive oil,
balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
6. Serve skewers with baby potatoes and salad.
Fresh Tip: Strawberries don't ripen after they're picked, so choose the shiniest, reddest fruit.
• Energy 2163Kj • Protein 21g • Total Fat 32g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 890mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.