Creamy Coconut Pork and Green Bean Curry
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 600 g pork fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 150 g green beans, sliced in half
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cups steamed rice, to serve
1. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over high heat. Cook pork, in batches, until browned and just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in the same pan over a medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
3. Add the capsicum, beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the beans are just tender and the mixture has thickened slightly.
4. Return pork and any juices to the pan with the coconut milk and heat through. Stir in half of the coriander leaves.
5. Serve curry sprinkled with remaining coriander leaves and steamed rice.
Energy 2750Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 43g • Saturated Fat 25g • Carbohydrates 29g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 320mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition foundation.