Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Pie
- 1 1/3 cups penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Salad, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 20 x 20cm ovenproof dish.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside. 3. In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes, until tender. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir pasta and chicken through mushroom mixture. Spoon into prepared dish.
5. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Parmesan, flour and parsley. Season to taste. Pour over mushroom mixture.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set. Serve in slices with salad.
• Energy 1618Kj • Protein 34g • Total Fat 18g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 221mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation