Wholemeal Kiwifruit Muffins
- 5 kiwifruit, peeled
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Apricot jam, warmed, to glaze
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
3. Cut 3 kiwifruit into 4 slices each. Coarsely chop remaining 2.
4. In a medium bowl, combine banana, milk, butter, egg and chopped kiwifruit (leaving the sliced kiwifruit aside).
5. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients, stirring gently with a fork until mixture is just combined.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pan and top each muffin with a slice of kiwifruit. Bake for 20 minutes then remove from the oven. Brush with the warmed apricot jam and bake for a further 5 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Cool on a wire rack.
A single kiwifruit has as much potassium as a banana and more vitamin C than an orange.
• Energy 776Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 26g • Sugars 13g • Sodium 216mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.