Avocado Chocolate Tart
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250g dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Berries or pomegranate
1. For the base, soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain, discarding the water.
2. Into a kitchen processor, pace the dates, almonds, cornflakes and coconut. Blitz until it forms a dough like texture.
3. Line the base of a 22cm loose bottomed tin. Press the mixture into the base and sides of the tin. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
4. For the filling, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of simmering water until smooth.
5. Place the avocados and chocolate mixture into the blender and blitz until smooth. Add the yoghurt and honey and blitz again until combined. Pour into your chilled base and return to the fridge.
6. When ready to serve remove the tart from the tin and decorate with your favourite fruit.
Tip: you can make this vegan by swapping the honey with maple syrup, and replacing the yoghurt with a plant based alternative, like coconut yoghurt. Just ensure the dark chocolate is vegan friendly.
For a gluten free version, use gluten free corn flakes.