Moroccan Spiced Roast Beef with Caramelised Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 kg bolar blade beef roast
- 4 small onions, halved
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- steamed green beans, to serve
1. In a small bowl, combine half the oil with half the cumin, half the paprika, honey, sumac and cayenne, until well blended. Rub over beef to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Arrange onions in a single layer in a medium baking dish. Place beef on top and pour over stock. Bake for 2 hours 15 minutes, or until cooked to preference.
3. While the beef is cooking, line an oven tray with baking paper. Arrange cauliflower in single layer on tray and drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining combined cumin and paprika.
4. After meat has cooked for half the time, place cauliflower in oven and continue baking. Add more stock to beef if required.
5. Remove beef from dish and cover loosely with foil. Rest 15-20 minutes. Serve sliced roast beef with onions, cauliflower and steamed green beans.
The beef will be cooked to medium using this method. It can be cooked more quickly at a higher temperature to give a rare result.