Brie and Caramelised Onion Tarts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 Countdown Classic Brie, sliced in 12 wedges
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Cook the onions slowly on a medium heat until softened. Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Continue to cook over a low heat until the onions are caramelised.
3. Cut 12 x 8cm diameter circles in the pastry sheets. Using a cookie cutter or small sharp knife, score another circle 1.2 cm in from the edge of the pastry to create a border (don’t cut all the way through the pastry). Place the pastry circles onto the baking paper.
4. Cover the center of each circle of pastry with a spoonful of the cooked onions, leaving the border free.
5. Place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and place a piece of Brie onto each tart. Sprinkle with thyme.
6. Return to the oven for another 8 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
PER SERVE (2 per serve)
• Energy 1562Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 28g • Saturated Fat 17g • Carbohydrates 23g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 265mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation