Slow-Cooker Tomato and Chickpea Soup
- 3 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 clove garlic, chopped coarsely
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and sliced thickly
- 3 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 430ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
1. Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, chickpeas, stock, paprika and sugar in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer 2 cups of chickpeas to a medium bowl; reserve. Stand remaining soup 10 minutes, then process soup until smooth. Stir in reserved chickpeas. Season to taste.
3. Serve soup topped with sour cream and crusty bread.
Tip: Switch the chicken stock to a vegetable stock, or chicken-style vegetable stock to make this soup vegetarian friendly.