- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups roasted vegetables, chopped, cooked
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten, plus 1 extra
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease two oven trays.
2. Heat oil in a small frying pan on high. Sauté bacon and onion 3-4 minutes, until onion is tender.
3. Transfer onion mixture to a medium sized bowl with chicken, vegetables and egg. Mix well and season.
4. Trim edges of each pastry sheet to form large rounds. Spoon one quarter of mixture into centre. Fold over into a semicircle to enclose. Crimp edges with a fork to seal. Mix extra egg and milk together and brush the top of pasties.
5. Arrange on prepared trays. Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden
• Energy 4446Kj • Protein 34g • Total Fat 75g • Saturated Fat 39g • Carbohydrates 62g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 45mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.