Feijoa Sponge Pudding
- 10 feijoas, peeled and quartered
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lemon for juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Put fruits, lemon juice, water and 1/4 cup sugar in a pot. Cover and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Beat eggs with remaining sugar until thick and pale. Sift in flour and baking powder and fold in with the milk.
3. Pour hot fruit into 6 tea cups or ramekins or one large dish, top with sponge mixture and bake at 180°C (160°C fan-forced) for about 30 minutes, until golden and springy to touch. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.
Energy 1011Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 2g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 49g • Sugars 41g • Sodium 99mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.