- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 450g seafood marinara mix
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped capers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and potato. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
2. Stir through the paprika. Add the milk and crumble in the stock cube, water and zest. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the potato is completely soft.
3. Stir through the cornflour mixture and continue cooking until it starts to thicken.
4. Add the marinara mix and continue to cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Add the dill, parsley and capers.
5. Serve in individual bowls and season to taste with crusty bread on the side.
Fresh Tip: The antioxidant value of carrots increases by 34 percent when cooked.
• Energy 1112Kj • Protein 27g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 18g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 455mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.