- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 3/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Butter, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 170°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, orange zest and juice, and oil.
3. In another large bowl combine the cinnamon, ginger, flour and dates. Place the pumpkin mixture into the dry mixture and mix well to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin. Smooth the top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Place into the oven and bake for 50 minutes,
or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Cut into 2cm thick slices, and serve with butter to spread.
• Energy 1161Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 45g • Sugars 26g • Sodium 194mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation