Spiced Vegetable Stew
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely shredded
- 8 baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 200g cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Steamed rice, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add garlic, chilli, turmeric, garam masala and lime leaf. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2. Add potatoes and water. Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until potato is tender. Reduce heat to low, add cabbage, beans and coconut cream. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until beans are tender. Stir coriander through.
3. To serve, place stew in a bowl with steamed rice on the side.
Fresh Tip: A fresh cabbage will have firm leaves wrapping the head. The stem should be pale, but not discoloured or dry.
• Energy 1128Kj • Protein 7g • Total Fat 14g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 26g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 12mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.