Mediterranean Lamb Chops with Pumpkin
- 4 large lamb shoulder chops
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup passata
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 500g pumpkin, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 100g crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Mashed potato, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced).
2. In a large frying pan on a high heat, brown the chops on both sides. Once browned place in an oven-proof casserole dish.
3. In the same frying pan add the olive oil, onion, garlic and carrot, cooking for 5 minutes, or until they soften. Add the thyme, rosemary, oregano, wine, passata, 1/2 cup water, olives, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour mixture over the chops and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and add the pumpkin and cauliflower around the chops. Return the dish to the oven, and bake for a further 1 hour.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the feta over evenly. Cook for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
6. To serve, sprinkle with fresh mint and mashed potato on the side.
• Energy 1461Kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 11g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 846mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.