Cumin Pork Chops with Rice and Carrot Salad
- 4 pork chops, bones removed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Rice and Carrot Salad
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice plus extra to serve
1. Place pork on a board and using a rolling pin, pound to flatten slightly. Place into a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, oil and cumin. Pour over the pork, turning to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile to make the Rice and Carrot Salad; in a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, carrot, coriander, sultanas, oil, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste.
4. To cook the pork, preheat a char-grill pan on a high heat. Add pork, and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil, and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, place rice and carrot salad on a plate with a pork chop on top, and lemon wedges on the side. Garnish with coriander.
Fresh Tip: To get the most juice out of your lemons try rolling them on a bench top before you cut them. This allows more juice to be squeezed out.
• Energy 1586Kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 18g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 35g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 855mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.