Roast Hoisin Lamb
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and sliced into 1.5cm wedges
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander to garnish
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Honey soy mixture
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced. Line an oven-proof dish with baking paper.
2. Place the lamb onto the oven dish and prick all over with a small knife or fork. Cook for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the marinade, in a large jug add all the ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Remove the lamb from the oven and brush a quarter of the marinade all over. Cover with tinfoil and leave to rest for 30 minutes. Add more marinade, reserving some for serving, and continue to cook, uncovered, for 1 hour 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, while the lamb is roasting, on another lined baking tray add the pumpkin in a single layer. Coat with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and rub in to cover completely. Cook for 20 minutes, or until softened. Pour over the honey mixed with 1 Tbsp soy sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the lamb from the oven and leave to rest.
6. Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender.
7. Carve the meat and serve with the pumpkin and broccoli on the side. Garnish lamb and pumpkin with chopped coriander and sesame seeds.
Energy 3619Kj • Protein 64g • Total Fat 62g • Saturated Fat 24g • Carbohydrates 12g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 1728mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.