Mandarin and Kiwifruit Pikelets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk (you may not use all of it)
- 1 mandarin for flesh and zest
- 1 kiwifruit, finely diced
- 1 tsp butter
1. In a large bowl sift in the flour and baking powder. Add the egg, and banana. Add the milk and stir slowly until you get a pourable consistency, you may not need to use all of the milk. Whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
2. Dice the mandarin flesh and fold through the mixture along with the mandarin zest and kiwifruit.
3. In a large frying pan, melt the butter. Add tablespoonfuls of mixture into the pan. Cook until the pikelet starts to bubble then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Remove from the pan, cool slightly and serve warm.
Energy 720Kj • Protein 2g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 87mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.