Rice and Beef Empanadas
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- 150g beef mince
- 2 Countdown Rice Cups
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup passata
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with 1 Tbsp cold water
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with paper.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion, garlic and pepper cooking for 2 minutes. Add the mince and cook until browned.
3. Stir through the rice cup, coriander, paprika and passata cooking for 5 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
4. Cut 16 x 8-10cm circles from the pastry. Place a tablespoon of mixture onto each one. Fold over and press together with your fingertips. Place onto the baking tray. Brush with a little egg wash.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
6. Serve with chutney.
• Energy 1611Kj • Protein 9g • Total Fat 24g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 33g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 208mg