Rice and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 Countdown brown rice cup
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp oil, to drizzle
- salad, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. In a frying pan, melt the butter. Add the onion cooking for 3 - 4 minutes to soften.
3. In a large bowl place the rice, sundried tomatoes, basil, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic mixing well.
4. Place un-rolled thighs onto a chopping board. Press the stuffing evenly onto each thigh, then roll and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place the chicken into a baking dish, drizzle with a little oil and place into the oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Remove and slice each thigh into three and serve with side salad.
Energy 1737Kj • Protein 44g • Total Fat 17g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 20g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 844mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.