Vegetable and Lentil Stew
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small leeks, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 lime, juice, plus wedges
- Steamed rice, to serve
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
2. Heat oil in large. Sauté leek, parsnip, celery, carrot and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Stir in vegetable stock, tomatoes and red lentils. Bring to boil. Transfer to an oven-proof casserole dish.
4. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake a further 10-15 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in lime juice.
5. Serve with rice and coriander.
Check stock for gluten free option. Adapt recipe by using other vegetables of your choice.
• Energy 1297Kj • Protein 17g • Total Fat 5g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 41g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 749mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.