No-bake Muesli Fingers
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 125g butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
1. Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper, extending 2cm above 2 long sides.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, seeds, apricots and cranberries. Mix well.
3. Combine butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, 8-10 minutes, until caramelised. Stir into dry ingredients, until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into pan, pressing firmly with a metal spatula. Chill until firm. Cut into fingers.
Use slightly wet fingers to press mixture in pan - take care with hot mixture.
• Energy 877Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 20g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 45mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.