Italian Pork Meatball Wraps
- Pork Meatballs:
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, to cook
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- To Serve:
- 6 tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups grated mild cheese
- 2 cups coleslaw
1. Turn oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. In a large bowl place the mince, garlic, onion, cumin, egg, parsley, breadcrumbs and salt. Mix well. Roll into 18 golf ball size balls and place on a plate. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to cook.
3. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 15 minutes until golden. Add the oregano, tomatoes and chicken stock and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Keep covered to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile to cook the meatballs, heat a little oil in another large frying pan. Brown the meatballs on all sides, in batches, for a few minutes each. Then return them all to the pan for about 10 minutes to cook through, turning frequently.
5. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and gently mix through to coat. Reheat if required and keep warm.
6. Spread tortillas across two large baking trays and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Place into the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
7. To serve, place a sprinkle of coleslaw on each tortilla. Top with 3 meatballs, some sauce and a sprinkle of the remaining cheese.
8. Wrap and enjoy!
Energy 2349Kj • Protein 34g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 15g • Carbohydrates 31g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 1000mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.