Mushroom Lamb Burgers
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion grated plus 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 4 flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 200 g hummus
- 225 g beetroot, sliced and drained
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
1. In a bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, grated onion, mint, spice and garlic. Mix well and season. Shape into four flattened patties. Press mushroom slices into each to cover. Chill until ready to cook.
2. Heat a frying pan on medium. Brush patties with oil. Fry for 4-5 minutes each side, until browned and cooked. Using a paper towel, drain any excess liquid.
3. Split bun and spread with hummus. Add pattie, beetroot, tomato and sliced onion. Serve with salad.
These patties can be made ahead of time and chilled or frozen, until ready to cook.
• Energy 2545Kj • Protein 40g • Total Fat 24g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 52g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 1059mg