Chocolate Crackle Cheesecake
- Butter, for greasing
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 200g packet Tim Tams, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 500g cream cheese, softened, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 100g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- Whipped cream, to serve
How to Make Chocolate Nests
1. Lightly grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine rice bubbles, Tim Tams, chocolate and coconut, stirring well. Press into base and side of pan. Chill for 30 minutes until set.
3. In a heat-proof jug, vigorously whisk gelatine into water with a fork until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
4. Using a food processor, combine cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla. Pulse until smooth. Add cream and gelatine mixture. Process until well combined. Pour in melted chocolate, pulsing until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into cake tin. Chill for 6 hours or until set. Serve topped with whipped cream and extra chopped Tim Tams.
This dish is best prepared the day before to ensure it is firm. Do not freeze.
• Energy 2455Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 41g • Saturated Fat 26g • Carbohydrates 48g • Sugars 38g • Sodium 352mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.