Easter Bunny Cake
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 x 150g double unfilled round sponges
- 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded coconut, or a mixture of both
- 1 pink marshmallow
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating until combined. Beat in the milk.
2. Arrange one sponge round on a serving tray. Trim the second sponge into ear shapes and place at the top of the round sponge. Spread icing all over the face and ears. Cover with desiccated coconut.
3. Using mini eggs, fill in the ears. Press chocolate egg halves in to form eyes. Press pink marshmallow on to face to form nose, then arrange trimmed liquorice strips to form the whiskers and smile.
Store-bought sponges can be delicate. Freeze for 1 hour to firm slightly.
• Energy 1904Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 27g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 51g • Sugars 43g • Sodium 86mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.