Hot Smoked Salmon Cakes with Herbed Dressing
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1/4 cup for dressing
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 200g hot-smoked salmon, flaked into large chunks
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Sprigs of dill, plus extra for dressing
- Green salad, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Handful of Italian parsley, including stalks
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain well, letting the steam evaporate before mashing with flour, baking powder, oil and seasoning. Stir through the salmon and spring onion. Divide into 6 balls and flatten into thick patties. Dust with extra flour and chill for 15 minutes.
2. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
3. To cook, heat 2cm of oil in a large frying pan on high. Fry each patty until golden brown on both sides and heated through.
4. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve with lemon wedges, salad and dressing on the side.
You could also try this recipe with smoked kahawai or chopped prawns.
• Energy 1218Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 21g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.