Roast Pumpkin and Courgette Risoni Salad
- 500 g pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 2 large courgettes, coarsely chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 9 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- cooking oil spray
- 2/3 cup risoni pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 40 g baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp currants
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Line a large roasting tray with baking paper. Combine pumpkin, courgette, onion, rosemary and garlic on the tray. Lightly spray with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and browned. Discard rosemary stalk.
3. Meanwhile, cook risoni according to packet instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Leave to cool.
4. Once cooled, peel roasted garlic. Place in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add yoghurt and vinegar. Stir to combine.
5. Combine the roasted vegetables in a large dish with risoni, basil, spinach, currants and pine nuts with yoghurt mixture dolloped on top.
Energy 1350Kj • Protein 14g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 39g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 30mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.