Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 500g chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, plus 1 1/2 Tbsp for the Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce*
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, bruised and chopped, plus extra to serve
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup fish sauce*
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1. Place chicken, sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and coriander in a medium-sized bowl. Toss until well coated in mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. To make the dipping sauce, combine ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
3. Thread chicken onto skewers and brush with oil.
4. Preheat a barbecue on high and cook skewers for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Serve skewers with dipping sauce, lime wedges and sprinkled with extra coriander.
* Check fish sauce is gluten free.