Spinach and Egg Pie
- 2 bunches spinach, trimmed
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 60g butter, plus 10g extra, softened
- 8 eggs, plus 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp dried nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried breadcrumbs
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 3cm-deep 22cm flan pan with removable base.
2. In a saucepan of boiling, salted water, blanch spinach for 30 seconds. Drain well, cool, then chop roughly.
3. Layer filo sheets, brushing between each with butter. Line pan with pastry stacks, overlapping to cover. Trim edges, leaving 3cm overhang, then place on an oven tray.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs together with cheeses and nutmeg. Stir in spinach, then season.
5. Arrange boiled egg halves, cut-side down, in pastry case. Cover with spinach mixture. Fold edges of pastry over filling. Sprinkle centre with breadcrumbs and dot with extra butter.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set in centre and golden on top. Serve cut into wedges.
• Energy 1292Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 9g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 652mg
Dietary information supplied by the New Zealand Nutrition Foundation.