Minted Lamb Burgers
- 500g lamb leg steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint jelly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bread rolls, split
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 125g hummus
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
How to Use Leftover Burger Buns
1. In a large bowl, combine lamb, mint jelly, garlic and half the lemon juice, tossing well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
2.Preheat a barbecue plate on high. In a large bowl, combine courgette, oil, rosemary and remaining lemon juice. Season and toss to coat.
3. Brush barbecue plate with a little oil and barbecue lamb and courgette for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lamb is cooked to your preference.
4. Fill bread rolls evenly with courgette and lamb. Spoon hummus over and place spinach leaves on top. Serve with yoghurt on the side.
• Energy 2424Kj • Protein 31g • Total Fat 31g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 42g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 987mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.