Chicken, Corn and Noodle Soup
- 1 (150g) brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 centimetre (15g) fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 420 gram canned corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cup (1l) chicken stock
- 125 gram canned creamed corn
- 4 green onions, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 125 gram dried wheat noodles
- 350 gram chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon japanese soy sauce
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on the stove over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
2. Add stock, 2 cups of water and both corns to the pan. Place lid on pan, turn heat to high and bring to the boil.
3. Keep the green parts of green onion in a small bowl; add the white parts to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully break the noodles in half and add to the pan. Simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes. Stir to separate the noodles.
5. Add chicken to pan and simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until the chicken is cooked. (Add extra soy sauce to taste, if needed.)
6. Stir in the spinach. Divide soup into four serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
• Energy 1325Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 362mg