Barbecued Garlic Prawns Bruschetta
- 1 kg medium prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Ciabatta loaf, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. In a medium bowl, combine the prawns, oil and garlic, tossing well. Season to taste and set aside.
2. Preheat barbecue plate on high. Brush bread with the extra oil and chargrill for 1-2 minutes each side, until lightly charred. Remove from the barbecue and place on a serving plate.
3. Place prawns onto the barbecue plate and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until prawns change colour and are cooked through. When cooked, toss through the parsley.
4. Top the bread with prawn mixture and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
• Energy 1953Kj • Protein 40g • Total Fat 21g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 29g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 1217mg