Caramelised Onion and Spinach Tart
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 sliced red onions
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 sheets thawed puff pastry
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 100 g feta
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on low. Cook onions for 10 minutes, or until they begin to caramelise.
2. Stir in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
4. Lightly grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place a sheet of thawed puff pastry onto each prepared tray. Fold 1cm of all edges over to form a border. Spread onion evenly between each pastry base.
5. In a bowl, toss together spinach, olives and semi-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly between pastries. Crumble feta over top.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. To serve, sprinkle with basil leaves. Cut tarts in half to serve.
• Energy 2323Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 43g • Saturated Fat 21g • Carbohydrates 35g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 460mg