Heart-Shaped Pikelets with Cinnamon Ricotta
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 100g ricotta
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 nectarines, cut into thin wedges
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Combine flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in an egg and milk to make a thick, smooth batter.
2. Drop dessertspoons of mixture into a greased, heavy-based pan over medium heat. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, then turn over and brown the other side.
3. Allow pikelets to cool slightly, then cut them usinga 7cm heart-shaped cutter. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Mix ricotta with cinnamon and icing sugar until well combined. Layer pikelet hearts and ricotta mixture on two plates, then dust with extra icing sugar. Drizzle with honey, then serve with nectarine wedges.
Tip: You can replace the nectarines with your favorite in-season fruit.
• Energy 2712Kj • Protein 22g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 109g • Sugars 53g • Sodium 759mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.