Red Velvet Berry Cheesecake Brownie
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, chopped plus 50g for the topping
- 3 tsp red liquid food colouring
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 200g white chocolate
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- thinly sliced strawberries
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper, leaving the edges overhanging.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and food colouring together on low heat. Then allow to cool down for 20 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream. Add to the chocolate mixture with the flour and sugar; stir to combine. Fold in the white chocolate.
4. Pour into the pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the centre is just cooked. Allow to cool, then remove from the pan.
1. For the topping, in a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round plain nozzle, and pipe dollops over the brownie.
3. Top with the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Cut into squares to serve.
Tip: Store in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them fresher for longer.
• Energy 1873Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 26g • Saturated Fat 16g • Carbohydrates 48g • Sugars 38g • Sodium 181mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.