Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs and Spaghetti
- 800g meatballs
- 500g cheese cubes (small enough to fit inside the meatball)
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pasta sauce
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- grated parmesan cheese to serve
How to Cook Perfect Pasta
1. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Working with one meatball at a time, squash each in your hand. Place a cheese cube in the centre and shape mince around cheese, pinching the join to seal well. Place on tray and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil on high heat. Cook pasta following packet instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Return to pan and keep warm.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Cook meatballs in two batches for 4-5 minutes each, tossing to cook through evenly.
4. Return meatballs to pan with pasta sauce, cherry tomatoes and reserved cooking water. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir spinach through.
5. Divide pasta between serving bowls, then top with meatballs, sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
Tip: For a gluten free option, replace spaghetti with a gluten free pasta.
• Energy 2583Kj • Protein 30g • Total Fat 31g • Saturated Fat 15g • Carbohydrates 53g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 1043mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.