Chocolate Peanut Butter Raw Slice
- 1/2 cup regular dates
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup almonds, roasted
- 25g coconut oil, melted
- 30g dark chocolate (70% or more cocoa), chopped
- 100g peanut butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Decent pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Sauce topping
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cacao nibs to garnish
1. Put dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes, then drain and squeeze out any excess moisture.
2. Blitz the cocoa powder and roasted almonds. Press the mixture in an even 1cm layer of a 10cm x 15cm tin. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the entire base. Refrigerate.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, then add the chocolate. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 10 minutes before whisking together.
4. To a food processor, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and salt. Add the melted chocolate mixture and desiccated coconut. Combine, being careful not to over mix.
5. Spoon over the firmed base and smooth with the spoon.
6. For the topping, melt the peanut butter and maple syrup together. Drizzle over the slice. Sprinkle on the cacao nibs to garnish. Refrigerate.
7. Slice into small squares and eat up!