Oaty Carrot Cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed, coarsely grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp milk, approximately
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in carrot, then combined sifted flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in oats and enough milk to make a firm dough.
3. Using damp hands, roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place balls 5cm (2-inches) apart on trays; flatten into 3cm (1¼-inch) rounds.
4. Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until golden; cool on trays.
Tip: cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.