Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 250g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, plus ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 250g cream cheese, softened, chopped
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 500ml full cream
Blueberry and Cheesecake Ice Cream
1. In a small saucepan on a medium heat, combine blueberries, one third of the sugar and lemon juice. Cook, stirring and pressing gently with a spoon until berries burst and release juices.
2. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture starts to thicken. The mixture will thicken more on cooling. Remove pan from heat, pour into a bowl and chill mixture until required.
3. Line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with foil, leaving sides to overhang. In a food processor, blend cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth. Add cream and blend until thick and fluffy.
4. Transfer half the cream cheese mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Pour over blueberry mixture. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 4-5 hours, or until firm.
5. Remove ice cream from pan, lifting out using the sides of the excess foil. Cut into 2cm thick slices to serve.
Fresh Tip: When zesting a lemon, be sure to only take off the top bright yellow part. The white pith will
give a bitter taste.
• Energy 2411Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 46g • Saturated Fat 29g • Carbohydrates 38g • Sugars 38g • Sodium 187mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.