Greek Lamb Chops
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, skin removed, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup cooked risoni, to serve
- Rocket, to serve
- Italian parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Arrange the onion over the base of a large baking dish. Add the garlic, tomatoes and lemon. Pour over the wine, sprinkle with the dried oregano and season. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil. Season the chops to taste. Cook the chops, in batches for 5 minutes, until browned on both sides. Transfer lamb to the baking dish and roast for a further 30 minutes.
4. Remove tray from oven and stand, covered loosely, for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon risoni and rocket into serving dishes. Top with lamb, tomato mixture and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Fresh Tip: To peel garlic easily, carefully press the clove firmly under the flat of your knife and the skin will come straight off.
• Energy 1137Kj • Protein 24g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 14g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 597mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.