Nectarine Crumble Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 125g melted butter, plus 25g chopped chilled butter for crumble topping
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp custard powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 nectarines, stones removed, chopped, plus extra nectarine slices
- Crumble topping ingredients:
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with patty cases.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low, beat flour, butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, custard powder and vanilla together for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Stir nectarine through.
3. Spoon mixture into patty cases, until two thirds full. Press nectarine slices on top of each muffin.
4. To make crumble topping; in a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Using fingertips, rub in butter to form crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over top of each muffin.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fresh Tip: If your nectarines are ripe, store them in the fridge to make them last longer. If they need to ripen, keep them at room temperature.
• Energy 1162Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 14g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 235mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.