Pork Patties with Noodle Salad
- 500g pork mince
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g green beans, halved diagonally
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a medium bowl, combine mince, 1 tablespoon of the coriander, spring onion, breadcrumbs and curry paste. Season to taste. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, (for 8 minutes) turning every 1-2 minutes, or until browned and cooked. Transfer patties to a heatproof plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, place noodles and beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, stirring to separate strands. Stand for 5 minutes, or until the noodles soften. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add carrot and remaining coriander. Toss to combine.
4. In a small jug, whisk together sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon of water and vinegar. Season to taste. Drizzle half of the dressing over the noodle salad. Toss to combine. Spoon noodle salad into serving bowls. Top with patties. Serve with remaining dressing over top.
Fresh Tip: You could swap pork for chicken or beef mince as an alternative.
• Energy 1977Kj • Protein 31g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 55g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 1055mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.