Potato, Bean and Tomato Salad
- 2kg baby potatoes, unpeeled
- 500g frozen broad beans
- 300g green beans
- 6 cherry tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Mustard dressing ingredients:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until tender when pricked with a fork. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
2. To make mustard dressing; combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and sugar in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Season to taste. Toss half the dressing over the potatoes and combine.
3. Cook broad beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until they are tender but still crisp. Refresh the beans under cold water and drain them well. Peel away skins from broad beans.
4. Place potatoes on a platter, top with tomatoes and beans; drizzle with remaining mustard dressing, to serve.
Fresh Tip: Store your potatoes inside a paper bag in a cool, dry place to keep them fresh for longer. Adding an apple to the bag can also delay sprouting.
• Energy 1357Kj • Protein 9g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 280mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.