Sweet Chilli Chicken with Apple Coleslaw
- 3 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 850g chicken nibbles
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 300g coleslaw salad mix
- 2 red-skinned apples, cored, grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 10 minutes, or until browned. Add sweet chilli, soy sauce and water. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked.
2. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, apple and half the spring onion.
3. In a small jug whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add mayonnaise mixture to the coleslaw and toss well to combine.
4. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with chicken and remaining spring onion.
Fresh Tip: As an alternative, use pear instead of apple.
• Energy 2080Kj • Protein 47g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 24g • Sugars 23g • Sodium 1179mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.